2012-01-24

Happy Lunar New Year!

萬事如意 Wànshìrúyì - "May all your wishes be fulfilled!"
吉慶有餘 Jíqìngyǒuyú - "May your happiness be without limit!"
There's several more of these, but these two are my faves.


Since it's now officially the Year of the Dragon, here are a couple of Dragons that I've acquired of late.






I've had this wall hanging for years but just recently discovered it in a box full of junk. It's now adorning my closet.












The little fellow is Crayon Shin-chan and I UFO caught him in Tokyo last week. 











A friend regifted this incredible Dragon to me just the other day. His wife wouldn't allow it in the home, but I have no such compunctions.



I asked my brother if there's anything happening in Toronto's Chinatown and he is oblivious of any shindigs. The first link he got was an odd link to a North Korea story! This one is a tad more mainstream.






I'm not sure when this was taken, but I'm sure there's something similar happening this year in Yokohama. Probably not in Tokyo though, there's a blizzard happening!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails