2012-01-28

Something Wicker This Way Comes.

About 2 1/2 years ago, I paid a visit to the Tagajo Historical Museum and snapped a few pics inside and out. I had some time to kill last week so I dropped by there again. On the way there though, I decided to visit the extremely fascinating* "Ruins of Tagajo Castle".



*Warning: may not actually be fascinating.






Very little difference from the last time I was at the museum, but this time, I was greeted by the Count and managed to take photos of a few more corpses & skulls.










So I'd seen all that before but I must have taken a new route for I discovered this display that I hadn't seen before. Within was a roomful of the coolest characters made of Wicker. I half expected to bump into Ingrid Pitt & Christopher Lee encasing Edward Woodward within one of the bigger ones. (Come to think of it, I wonder if "The Wicker Tree" will ever come to Japan?)










The big ones are called お人形様 (O-ningyou sama = Giant Dolls) and you can find more pictures of them here.

I wonder what treats will await me there when I revisit in another few years?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails