2019-10-05

I Started a Joker...

Surprisingly, Joker was released simultaneously in North America and Japan. It's so nice to see a movie without needing to worry about spoilers. That being said, you can rest assured that this entry will be spoiler-free. (Here is the link to Joker in Japanese.)


I can see why this movie won all its accolades, including the Golden Lion in Venice and TIFF Tribute Award for Joaquin. I can also see why it was rated R in the US and under 15 year olds in Japan aren't permitted either. Great soundtrack, terrific cinematography, superb acting all around. A great movie though just a tad disturbing. The only disappointment is the complete lack of goods available, not even a Clear File! There was a ton of DC promo material available but none of it had anything to do with this movie. I picked up two Clear Files based on the 80th Anniversary of Batman, but that was it.

Here's the Japanese trailer for Joker, it may have some footage not seen in America.



 

 

Fortunately, I just happen to have some Joker stuff hanging around. Last Halloween to coincide with Ninja Batman, there was a Lucky Draw (kuji) for some Batgoods. Unfortunately it only took place at one anime-store, one that I infrequently frequent so I didn't discover it until late November. These buckets are really cool and I managed to score all three.




I also have a few sheets of stickers. I love the cheesy punchlines that hearken back to the puns on Valentines Cards 50 years ago.




This figure came in a Gatcha-capsule though it represents the Heath Joker. I wish I had the set.


I refuse to showcase the Joker who shall not be named (think Suicide Squad) but I will show one of his fellow cast members.


Enchantress also allows me to segue into today's bit of Witchcraft, Card 4 of Eko Eko Azarak.


Pretty freaky. I managed to find volume 8 of the Eko-manga and today popped into Mandai in hopes of scoring more. It was not to be so the search continues. I bought a few things anyway and was given a freebie to try the UFO Catcher machines. I scored this with my free try!


Today's Halloween treat is from Baskin-Robbins (known as 31 in Japan). I didn't order anything yet the Slime Magic looks yummy.


I'm over two hours past my bedtime, so more spells and curses tomorrow...
I'll leave you with a link to the Countdown host, John Rozum, who reviews obscure spooky movies for this entire month.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails