2019-10-06

Man, Sigh, Doh!

I took the day off blogging to trek out to Koriyama and Fukushima because a friend wanted to do some shopping. Since we'd be heading to nerdy-type shops, such as Mansaido, this'll give me an opportunity to see if I can find copies of the Eko Eko Azarak manga. Alas, none of the shops we tried had any copies. So far I've scored vol. 8 and I'll showcase it at a later date. Meanwhile, here is postcard 4 (or is it 5?).


Those are some freaking floating heads that our protagonist needs to fend off.

En route to Koriyama, we popped into a Daishin near Watari to see if they had any new Funkos (they didn't) and I picked up two of these Hamuriku cards. I found several last year, and I wanted to open one up and film it but forgot to do so!


My friend Dan and I  made a pit-stop along the way at an out-of-the-way Odin thrift shop. Outside the store is a giant Doraemon.


Some cool Simpsons goods that were way overpriced and a Pee Wee Herman figure that was also pricey. I sufficed with this Dastardly doll instead. (I have a Muttley/Precious around here somewhere.)




I picked up these cards, a dozen for a buck! Not a bad deal.


Until I discovered that two cards were doubles and one was a triple. I am SO glad that I didn't buy more.


Surprisingly, I didn't buy anything at Koriyama's Mansaido, though I did find some Kubricks at a nearby Book Market.


I'm very pleased to find Blight for these Bat-Kubricks from 2004 are hard to find. Besides, Blight is spooky enough to be Halloween-oriented.


He cost a bit more than I'd like but he'll make a fine companion to the two Bricks I already have.


Only 5 more to go...
(Though I may have Manbat and Batgirl loose without the backing card.


Also, I dunno who this guy is, but I like it and the price is right at 200 yen.


I think for the first time ever, Dan ended up buying more stuff than me! The entire trip was made worthwhile when upon entering Mansaido in Fukushima we encountered these dueling banjoists.





The entire entrance way was decorated with skeletons and spooks. I was so pleased!






Also for sale were these pair of life-size Gremlins. The one on the left is over 500$ and the other is three times that!


So sorry, no movie or pamphlet today. Here's a link to some Film Reviews to wet your whistle. See you tomorrow or more like later today.

2 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

Doraemon is one of my favourite odd japanese cartoony-things!

I've sort of taken it upon myself to collect as much random Doraemon stuff that finds it's way over to these shores as I can find, as although pretty much nobody knows who he is here (at least in my neck of the woods) there's a surprising amount...

For instance, I found some nice Doraemon biscuits and some lollypops in a Chinese supermarket, and some somewhat less tasty fruit cookies! I also managed to persuade my friend to bring me back a Doraemon toy when she visited Japan a couple of years back..

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm super jealous of you getting to meet a giant Doraemon statue! Hehe....

Michael Jones said...

I'll see if I have any Doraemon stuff related to Halloween and I'll show it off later.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails