2019-10-30

Jonezilla!

Once again, life has caught up with me and I near the end of the Countdown to Halloween with a week of entries missing. Let's start with a few entries tonight to catch up before tomorrow rolls around.

Before I get to the partying, I had an early morning wedding out of town. Alas, Venom decided to infect me after the nuptials.


Last Saturday, I attended an annual Halloween event with my old pal Alex and just to spice things up, we decided to throw our own shindig at Dragon's Diner. Unfortunately, we had every other bar in the city as competition and a Rugby semi-final to contend with. As a result, the amount of guests to our soiree was a total of 2 (Alex and I). But ya know what, I had a blast sitting back listening to the spooky songs of DJ Arcane Radar and chatting with the bartender and the odd barfly who wandered in. Prior to the gig, we decorated, I used several stickers that I received as a present last year.

 

  

Alex and I posed outside the bar to ensure everyone could find the place. I must say, these were the cutest costumes he and I had ever donned.

 

Here I am, sitting in the corner bearing my claws.


Here is the bartender, Suu, showing off his new headgear.

 

I had a prize awaiting the top guy and gal costume, though since I won, I decided to keep them.


Ah well, so our gig was a bit of a flop, but the good news is that none of those I invited went to Ernie's Bar either. I popped in at 2:00 a.m. to say "HI" and then I went home.


A few hours after I got home, I dragged my arse to my annual School Halloween party which was very well attended with over 60 kiddies and their parents.

 

Mmm. Rice Krispie Jack-o'-lanterns.


Our fearless leader has a Woody.



Sully and Obi-Wan with his sidekick.

 

A generic masked man...who lights up!

 

A Pirate and a Ghost.

 

A Witch and a Vee.

 

Batman and Bruce Wayne.

 

Pikotaro of PPAP fame and Kiki with Jiji. Also No-Face shows her face.

 

There were lots and lots of great costumes on the kiddies and a few parents. My favourites were these sisters. (Their parents gave me permission to showcase their ghouls.)


Finally, a much better-lit picture of me in my Jonezilla garb.


And to tie it all together, Arkane Radar's CD was the background music for the event.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails