2019-10-03

Eko Eko Azarak!

As alluded at the end of yesterday's blog, I have a new obsession to look out for. Last August, while wandering through Nakano Broadway, I saw a poster for some spooky looking display.


Years and years ago, I recall seeing a few minutes of a movie on the tube in the wee hours of something called Eko Eko Azarak. I had no idea what I was watching but the title stuck in my head. Now thanks to this display, I know what it is. Since photos of the artwork were taboo, I bought a set of twenty postcards and I'll present one a day for twenty days and fill in the gaps with other
Eko-static delights. Here's today's postcard. (Gee, it looks familiar.)


I'll elaborate on the manga, anime and movies at a later date. For now, I'll start with the actual Wiccan chant (scammed from Wikipedia.

Eko, eko, Azarak
Eko, eko, Zomelak
Bazabi lacha bachabe
Lamac cahi achababe
Karrellyos
Lamac lamac Bachalyas
Cabahagy sabalyos
Baryolos
Lagoz atha cabyolas
Samahac atha famolas
Hurrahya!

(Note the author of this blog refuses to take responsibility for any demons one might conjure up after reading the above chant. Discretion is advised.)

I don't have a Witch-related Movie Pamphlet handy so I'll use this one that I acquired today. Who knows, the above chant may cause him to appear.



 


I like the use of the red background.









And the stories that started it all...



Which reminds me, the new version of the movie has finally been released but is only playing in one cinema downtown, I should go catch it before it disappears.

No UFO Catcher stuff today, rather here's a pair of Hairy Harry socks.


As for today's treat, this little pad of post-its came with a coffee or something. I don't remember.


Today's video treat is as follows:
Luna is this Korean gal who plays classic rock on a Gayageum. Going with a witchy theme, here is Black Magic Woman by Santana.



More Witches and Warlocks tomorrow...

2 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

Blimey! I'd better not accidentally read that chant aloud! Dont want Yokai-type demons appearing and stealing all my candy!Hehe... Have a great countdown...

Michael Jones said...

As I advised, I'll take no responsibility for anyone who chants this.
You have a good countdown too...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails