2010-07-12

Neither A Borrower Nor A Lender Be.

LORD POLONIUS:
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Now that should get me my quota of hoity-toity googlers surfing for Hamlet quotes. I'm going to go another route though and just talk about the Borrower part.

I have never read the Borrower series by Mary Norton nor do I recall ever seeing the early 70s movie versions but I am definitely going to check out 借りぐらしのアリエッティ (Karigurashi no Arrietti or The Borrower Arrietty) this weekend when it opens. I missed out on Ponyo when it was released, I don't plan to make the same mistake again. Besides, I can't see TS3 in English so I might as well watch a Japanese animated movie in its native tongue. (Aside: I hear the Totoro makes a cameo in TS3, another reason to go watch it!!)

This poster comes from one of the Conbini-sponsors, Lawsons. It folds out into 4xA4 size. Sweet!





Here is a lovely ballad, Arrietty's Song by Cecile Corbel (セシル・コルベル)



Finally, here is the trailer for it, you'll see why I want to go see it...



ps. Did you know that Mary Norton also wrote this?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails