2010-07-31

Oil's Swell That Ends Swell.

In the wake of yet another oil disaster (yes, I'm talking to you Enbridge),

I think it's high time we looked at the Petroleum industry, its history and where we'd be without it. Fortunately, I have a little manga primer to help us along there.



So here is the manga adaptation of 石油 (seki yu = petroleum.)  まんがはじめて物語 (manga hajimete monogatari = manga beginning story)




Our protagonist is a handsome lad with whiskers and narration is provided by a pink pig-like creature.


Who does he remind me of?




For those of you who don't believe all that dinosaur nonsense, maybe this will enlighten you.




But our entrepreneur continued experimenting with his newfound creation, much to the disbelief of his neighbours.


We have ignition!


So he started tapping the wells...




Though there were still setbacks.

Our little pig demonstrates the proper use of a pipe.


And soon there were drills all over the world.



Tanks for the oil, Nissei Maru.

 

I don't know where I'd be without Petroleum, most of the crap in my room is thanks to it. For example...

 

So BP & Enbridge, let's do it right! Listen to the pig!

 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails