2011-12-29

Cheetah Of Death No Longer.

I'm sad to report that aged chimp, Cheetah, of Tarzan fame has passed away at the age of 80. For an always informative obit, check out the Wonderblog.

I'll always remember an appearance on Letterman by then 75-year old Maureen O'Sullivan who recounted an amusing anecdote of the simian. "Cheetah bit me whenever he could. The [Tarzan] apes were all homosexuals, eager to wrap their paws around Johnny Weismuller's thighs. They were jealous of me, and I loathed them."

This is just a tad racist, but funny.


Sweet, sweet WWII propaganda:


Let's all raise a glass and salute one of the greats!

3 comments:

Pik-Cor said...

Thanks for posting. And I hope we see him listed with all those other celebrity types in those "look who died this year" montages.

RIP Cheetah.

Michael Jones said...

I concur though I suspect we won't see it. There is some controversary surrounding whether this is the "true" Cheetah or not so I doubt if the Academy wants to stir up any more ill will than they usually get with that montage.

I would love to see Alan Moore do a "League of Extraordinary Super Pets" starring Cheetah, Rin Tin Tin, Trigger etc. That'd be awesome!

Pik-Cor said...

That would be awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails