2018-10-16

Having Nightmares.

I had the day off today and instead of spending the day tidying my place and finding more entries for Halloween's Countdown, I spent the day 'oot n aboot, shopping and and wasting tons of time. Enjoyable but ultimately unproductive.

I did score a new pamphlet today for an anthology film I've never seen called デビルゾーン
(Devil Zone), though it is better known by its American title, Nightmares.

Based on this trailer, it looks pretty good.



I suspect it doesn't live up to the hype. The Wiki page does a far better job of describing the movie than I ever could (I told you, I haven't seen it.) Therefore without commentary by me, I present the highlights of the pamphlet.
















With Lance Henriksen, and Veronica Cartwright, it must hold some merit. Estevez is probably good and cocky and Richard Masur undoubtedly plays Richard Masur.
Besides, it has video games, killers, rats and a priest. That's a recipe for a good anthology or a good barroom joke.

I wanted to fill my tank at Costco since gas has jumped up by a dime and it is cheaper there, so I trekked through to the other side of town to fill up and get some kerosene. First thing I noticed was a distinct lack of Halloween displays and nothing but Christmas!!*


Scattered among the snacks were a few Halloweeny items.




Finally I saw all their Halloween displays scrunched into one tiny section at the front, with almost everything sold out. The only costumes they had left were Minions, but even at half-price, I refuse to dress up as one.


I'll discuss what purchases I did make at a later date, for now, I'll leave you with today's Kemono Friend, the  ピーチパンサー (Peach Panther). She has a panther's ears and tail, other than that she is just pink and peachy. (This video rather obviously proclaims where her origins are from. With apologies to Henry Mancini.)


That's it for now, I have to go to bed!

*It was late last night so I'd forgotten that I have some Costco pics from when before its Christmas display arose. Last time I was there was August 27th. Never too early for Halloween (but ALWAYS too soon for Christmas decorations before Halloween occurs.)



That is an awesome spider but it would take up an entire 6-mat tatami room.





And there were hundreds of costumes. Most were sold out yesterday, so good for them. I guess the Spider sold as well. There were about 6 Tombstones left unsold.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails