2018-10-22

Mel Blooks!

Because today is Carrie Fisher's birthday, we're going into outer space. First up are some postcards I scored that showcases concept art from Star Wars.


Here are the only ones that include Leia.




There's 100 of these so I'll feature the creatures.




As you may have noticed most of the older ones are by a true visionary artist, Ralph McQuarrie.



















These two are from "Episode 2", did either of them show up in the finished product? I don't really want to rewatch it to investigate.


Since I'm already in space, I landed this pamphlet the other day about a movie I haven't seen since it first aired.


It's by Director Mel Blooks as you can see in this picture.



As you can see, this wasn't a one-shot error.















Hey that scene looks vaguely familiar. Oz, anyone?


I have the girth to portray Barf  and the lack of height to pull off either Dark Helmet or Yogurt. Alas, I don't have the technical expertise to make a costume to reflect any of them.

Since there are no alien Kemono Friends, I'll use the animal that most closely resembles Barf.


 イエイヌ or ieinu, the common domestic dog better known as the Shiba Inu. I like the curly tail.


Another Kemono canine is シベリアン・ハスキー.

 The Siberian Husky!
Or リュウキュウケン

The Ryuukyuuken, the domestic dog of the Ryuukyuu Islands.


I've managed to track down the alternate ending for Silent Hill 2:



I didn't see that coming.


Not specifically a Halloween treat, this KitKat represents the changing of the Autumn leaves. Not sure what flavour exactly, Momiji Hokaido is supposed to be.


Rather tasty though!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails