2018-10-02

He's a Fungi!

Most of the movies directed by Ishirou Honda are not very spooky but one of them gave me a nightmare as a kid and pops into my subconscious from time to time.
That movie is マタンゴ (Matango).


Listen to this and tell me that you wouldn't be freaked out:



This version of the trailer is similar to the movie that I watched. Neither dubbed nor subbed.



This dubbed version is more comprehensible but is pretty cheesy. (Mmm. Cheese and mushrooms...)



This version with subs is better for it isn't as cheesy. (Mmm. Cheese and mushrooms on a sub.)



Now I'm getting hungry.

This movie was released as part of the Godzilla All Movie DVD Collector's Box, a series that I wish I could afford to collect. I have a few of them though not so much for the movie as for the goodies that come with it.


Goodie #1: The Theatrical poster.


A reproduction of the original movie pamphlet.


   

   



On the flipside of the mag is this movie. They were probably released as a double feature.


Some promo material:




I love this picture!





A Manga based on the story.











Two Clear Files (yay!)

   

And a poster for the next movie in the series: The Human Vapor (ガス人間第一号)


Pretty great movie. If you can find a subtitled version, check it out!

Today's fellow Halloween Blogger is It Came From The Man Cave, be sure to click that link and listen to some spooky tunes.

I've suffered from sniffles for the last few days, so no snack feature. Rather, here are some Disney Tissues. It's something to sneeze about.



Today's Cryptid Kemono Friend is similar to yesterday except instead of wielding a med-kit, カマイタチ (Kamaitachi (Setsu) wields a sickle! Sick!



I have one more Kamaitachi tomorrow. So stay tuned...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails