2018-10-02

Pooh Goes Booh!

Welcome to the Countdown to Halloween 2018, an annual Blogging event run in the 31 days before October 31st. Click that link to discover other blogs involved in this gala. I'll try and link to a recommended site daily; today check out the Wonderful Wonderblog, someone who I've followed for several years now. You can also click the handy dandy skeletal button that adorns my homepage to access those bloggy things.

I'm going to try and discuss a movie or movie pamphlet daily, give a taste of a Halloweeny snack or candy treat, show a Gatcha or UFO Catch creature, and a new feature will include a Cryptid Kemono Friend that happens to be of a spooky or UMA nature.

I just happened to watch Christopher Robin today so that is today's movie.


I was lucky enough to meet Chris and Pooh. I only wish I could have met Eeyore, he's my fave.


Unfortunately, this movie is not exactly horrific but actually warm and tender. (Blecchh!) Therefore, I have had one of my reporters research some Spooky Pooh, and this is what they came up with:

A professionally done trailer for the Horror version of Christopher Robin...



A more amateurish attempt...



And another...



And finally...



Several weeks ago, I bought a Clear File for CR but I can't locate it at the moment. Therefore, here's a little finger puppet I picked up today.



I didn't bother with this Gatcha. Oh bother!


Nor did I try to nab a Pooh.

 

Today's Halloween Treat is a Black Apple Monster courtesy of 31 that also comes with a free extra scoop of your choice (choco-mint). If you mention that you had an ice cream at Baskin-Robbins, you'll be met with curious stares. They only know of it here as 31!


Here are the Halloween treats for the month.

 

And this is the Halloween trick!


I filmed a mini-video of their ad for the theme.


Finally, today's Cryptid Kemono Friend is the カマイタチ・治  Kamaitachi (Chi), a type of Weasel Youkai. (Click that link for details.)


She is considered to be a healer and carries around a wooden chest (kusuri-dansu) with medicinal herbs within.


Interesting bit of trivia: In the Tōhoku region of Japan, they believe that if a person attacked by a Kamaitachi burns a calendar black and puts it on their open wounds, it would instantly heal. (Scammed from Wiki.) I hope to go check out that area in the near future.

More Countdown craziness tomorrow...

2 comments:

Bob Johns said...

Not everything for Halloween has to be scary right? But the Black Apple Monster Ice Cream has me worried.

Michael Jones said...

I eat ice cream about twice a year. This was very very delicious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails