2018-10-28

Look, Up in the Sky!

Saturday was a weird and wonderful day. I had a wedding in Morioka and got to live out my dream as a Kappa.



 These were the choices of Yokai I had. I think I chose wisely.


I don't even want to hazard a guess as to what this is.


After much consternation over what my costume would be, I finally settled on a blue suit with a Star Wars necktie. "Meh!", you might think. Relax, it will all become clear.


I bumped into some costumed folks just next door to Ernie's building. A wild and raucous bunch.



Within Ernie's was the demonic DJ, Dizzy Apparition!


Heh, heh. I snapped his butt!


Apart from Ernie behind the bar, the only costumed reveler was a loup de garou.


Alas, that was about the ONLY costume for the rest of the night!! Okay, now on to MY costume.

Remember that blue suit I mentioned earlier? What character is brought to mind with this pose?


Perhaps, this shall be more revealing...


Damn, it's amazing the difference between wearing a pair of glasses and not doing so.


Why, it's like something out of a comic book or something!


(Thanks to photographer extraordinaire, Alex for the above.)

Here are my slightly lamer pictures.




Well, Superman was a big hit and made it into the top three costumes of the night. (Wait, Michael, weren't there only three costumes altogether? Quiet you!)

Here is Devil-dude and the aforementioned bar owner, Ernie, recently back from a tour overseas.







When Alex goes pee, the DJ is me!




And these two gals are the reason why I had such a good time last night even though as a costume party, it was a bust.


Speaking of bust.



Alex departed just before 2:00, I stayed for another hour or so and danced with these two gals. Thanks, Kozue and Naomi!


Today Yesterday's Kemono Friend is  シロイキタキツネ or Shiroi-Kitakitsune (White Ezo Red Fox) for two reasons. I'm running out of cryptids and I saw a werewolf last night! I'm not entirely certain why she is an UMA, perhaps it's her whiteness that makes her special.


This is the actual Ezo Red Fox Friend.


And this is an actual Ezo Red Fox.


I'm exhausted from 3 hours sleep, a Kiddy's Halloween Party and a 2 hour Haunted Sendai Walking Tour from today. So that's it for now...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails