2020-10-11

A Damn Good Family!

I spent much of today tidying and lazing and Crushing Candies yet I managed to squeeze in 86 minutes to watch the new Animated version of The Addams Family


I snapped a few pics of the opening credits. 


I do enjoy it when they mess with the MGM lion.


The main cast...








The Japanese website can be found at that link. Click around if you like. 


Above is the Japanese cast (I dunno who they are)

 

and below is Wednesday dubbed by Fumi Nikaido

I giggled a lot through this movie though Wednesday provided my one loud guffaw, "Would you like to go to the Mall?" "Sure, I haven't been to a good mauling in a while."

While tidying today, I had this poster hidden under a rug for safekeeping. Based on the tears and folds in it, I didn't keep it very safe.


I remember going to this exhibit and buying this poster. I probably bought other stuff as well, but they haven't survived the trip to Japan.

Speaking of Japan, 2020/10/10 marks the anniversary of when I first set foot in Tokyo. I remember being greeted by some Nova lackey and he showed me how to purchase a subway ticket so I could get into town. I recall misplacing the ticket and he had to explain to the Station Master that it's this dumb gaijin's first day and please let him through. I had NO idea what he was talking about. Who knew you needed to keep the ticket?

Anyway, here are a handful of Yokai to complete Northern Europe, first up is ケースマンテル from Austria and I can't figure out what Kesmanteru is supposed to be.


The 土精プッツン (Tsuchisei Puttsu?) is a type of earth spirit from Austria.


I suppose the フライング・ダッチマン (The Flying Dutchman) from Holland could be considered a Yokai since it's a ghost ship doomed to roam the seas forever. (I think it's cheating, tbh.)


Speaking of spectres that haunt, セイント・エルモの火 (St. Elmo's Fire) haunts my memories too. (See video below...)



Not much of a treat tonight. How about some snacks for the forthcoming movie version of the anime, 
Kimetsu no Yaiba.



I haven't tried these yet. I'm hoping to pawn them off on students.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails