2020-10-07

Small Doll Balls.

Recently while searching for Halloween oddities, I came across rather expensive Capsules of  Petite Poupée which roughly translate from French as Small Doll Balls. (Not really but give me a break, I like the rhyme.) Check out all six here, though they come in boxes, mine came in Capsules. 

Check out the signature, Aquirax. This is the alias of 宇野 亜喜良Uno Akira who wanted to Frenchify his name to make it fancier. You can dig up more of his artwork on this pinterest site. Without further ado, here is the full set which I managed to procure in only 7 tries, amounting to but a single double. (Good thing too, at 5 bucks a pop, they're a tad expensive.)


Forgive me for not opening up the sepia ones. I'll probably try and resell them. A bit of a rip off if you ask me, for 500 yen each, you'd think you could get others in colour.




I snagged this at UFO Catcher in only two tries. It's a handy place to store the figures until I figure out what to do with them. (One friend has already asked for the one with the cat.)


The Swamp Thing-type creature ズウ (Zuu) hails from the Siberia area and the piggish one サルード (Sarudo) is from Central Asia.

These Yokai hail from China. 


イュイ民 (Yay-min?) above is a Chinese version of a Tengu. Whereas 百差夜行 (Hyassa-yakou) loosely translates as 100 Trains. And no, I don't understand it either.



That's a pretty rad looking Dragon, if I must say.

No treat, but here's a trick. Waste your cash on a lottery ticket and you may win 5 million yen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails