2020-10-29

Inuit Spirits!

I ran out of time before bedtime last night and I'm running out of time again. One problem is that I need to launder about 50 masks and costumes daily so that my students can have a photo op in class. I can only use each mask once and then launder it that night. Fortunately the girls are content with just draping themselves in a Halloween fuzzy streamer and those can be cleaned with an alcohol spray. 

Anyway, here are some dudes from America, the 魚霊 (Gyorei=Fisherman's spirit) above and the イシトク (Ishitoku) below. As near as I can gather, they seem to be Inuit spirits.


Below are トナカイの霊 (Tonakai no Rei=Reindeer spirits) which are also Inuit spirits. I like how Shigeru uses Native Yokai in his narrative.


キブソゴ (Kibusogo) is a weird Yokai from Brazil that has a dog's mouth attached to its back. 
鳥人 (choujin=Bird Man) is from Argentina and as you can see it's a really big bird.

 

ファニカ (Fanika, below left) is from Peru. 山の主 (Yama no Nushi=Lord of the Mountain) is from Brazil.


Some chocolates that I picked up on sale. Cool looking but taste like a chalky Easter Bunny.




Just to give you an inkling of their size.


And this is what a crushed Creature ball looks like.


I bought this from the vending machine and was fortunate to get the coolest one.


Found him!


In a separate post, I'm going to show off some drawings that my Grade 3 kids did. We didn't have time to do it in class so it was given as homework, they certainly went all out. Stay tuned...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails