2020-10-26

ChupaChupsChupacabra.

I snagged some UMA Gatchas today and they are sweet.


From L to R, we have the チュパカブラ (Chupacabra from Puerto Rico), モスマン (Mothman from West Virginia), ビッグフット (Bigfoot or Sasquatch) and a ふらっとうっずもんすたー(the Flatwoods Monster also from West Virginia). Alas, my favourite the ツチノコ (Tsuchinoko from Western Japan) eludes me.


Legend says that if you suck to the centre of this candy, you will reach a Chupacabra. (Note: I may have made this one up.) 

This brings us to some Mexican Yokai today. Such as the オーガ (Auger, above) and シンナテテオ (Shinnateteo, below). The Auger changes colour like a chameleon and lives in the Mexican Sea. The Shinnateteo is also known as Papichin and said to be the Yokai of a woman who died in childbirth.


The  ヨナルテパズトーリ  (Yohualtepoztli) or Night Axe makes the sound of a chopping wood and if you hear it, you will soon become sick and die. 


I picked up a bucket of Twisted Wonderland, just to see what was inside. 




It really is Twisted, there's no Alice anywhere to be seen. Inside is a bag of Caramel Popcorn and of  Honeycorn and a wee bag of  Cider Ramune



I'm not sure what hijinks I'll get up to tomorrow, but I am running out of Yokai...

2 comments:

Guillaume said...

I need to learn more about the chupacabra. But I find its name too funny to be truly scary.

Michael Jones said...

I'd never heard of it before the X-Files. That's a good place to start.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails