2020-10-04

Saturday Dance Party!

A friend came over and helped me solve my computer Blogger dilemma. For some reason, my server Chrome was blocking stuff, so he gave me a new server, Opera. Bob's your uncle! So tonight's blog is courtesy of a Night at the Opera.

Unfortunately, he then kidnapped me and took me to Yamagata so I didn't have a chance to blog yesterday. BUT, I did buy a ton of loot of which I shall showcase here later tonight. 

Now back to our regularly schedule Countdown entry...

This pic shows several Boogeymen boogieing away. I'll try and enlighten you as to who is whom.

In the lower left corner on guitar, べーたら (Betara?), is a fellow from India. Although it doesn't look like one, it's probably a sitar. He may be of Shiva's avatars, Batara Guru or Bathala. I dunno.

Above him is a Cyclops called ダスザ (Dasuza?) from Brazil. There is NO other pictures or data on him in the book, so I scammed this from the net...

Next to Dasuza is a very creepy skeletal dude called ハイタデンカ (Haitadenka) from Belgium. Not sure what he's up to in the next picture, but he could be a succubus.

He (it) appears to be dancing with the lovely 樹霊 (Jurei) from Sweden. I think she's the soul of an old tree.


Also in the above picture is the seductress Lorelei (ローレライ), from Germany, a Witch-Rusaruka (まじょルサルカ) from the former USSR, ぐェティア Güestia from Spain and a French Dragon.

Back to the dance party is our old pal Frankenstein (the Creation, not the Creator), who is Swiss, based on Victor's background. Dancing beside him is the aforementioned wee lass, Witch-Rusaruka


The tusked character playing flute is an Onna-Yasha 女夜叉 from China.


I scammed from the Twitterers a great pic of her menacing the Gegege crowd.


Floating above them all in the upper right-hand corner is a ルーガー (Ruu-gaa ) from  New Guinea. I can't find anything on it though it appears to be some kind of fiery wraith.


On the bongos is a dude called ツァジグララル (Tsajigurararu?) who apparently comes from America yet he seems more South American to me.


In the centre of the picture is a horned gal called 夜叉マラ (Yasha-Mara) from northern Europe. Wait a sec, in the colour photo above, I thought it was a she, yet here it is clearly a guy. He looks like the worst masseur/masseuse ever!


Holding his/her hand is 悪霊 (Akuryou) from Greenland who is an Inuit evil spirit.


カー (Kaa) is not the Snake from Jungle book, but some creature from Egypt. (It's tough to Google this guy without just coming up with a lot of pictures of cars.)


Phew, that was quite the handful of Yokai. I think I'll save these colour pictures for the weekend, there are way too many characters to do it justice otherwise. 

Now True Confession time. While researching these creatures, I came across a blog-post of MINE from a decade ago. Apparently I DO already own this book and wrote about it a long time ago. This time around, I'll try and use different pics. (Technically, I AM blogging from a different book. The one I used before is sitting on a shelf buried behind some toys. This one was recently purchased.


Mmmm, candy covered bananas resembling Minions, Smurfs (?), Pikachu or Totoro. I ate a Pikachu.


Move along now...Nothing to see here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails