2010-06-29

Cyclops and Skeletons and Snakes, Oh My!

While following a few of my Followers (in particular, John Rozen), I discovered that it was Ray Harryhausen's 90th birthday. I've linked to his website before and here is an interactive list of nearly every creature ever done!

What follows are a few pics of my Ray goodies, including an Allosaurus that came with Valley of the Gwangi!



These are the ten cards that came with my Furuta Ray Harryhausen collection back in 2002.















I can only find two of my figurines, the others must be stored away in a box somewhere in the inner recesses of my closet.



Here's to the next 90 years!

3 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

ah, the skeleton fight....never, ever get tired of watching that! :)

Chers!

John Rozum said...

That Gwangi piece is really nice. I never picked up any of those figures when they were out here, except the kneeling Talos, which came to a shattering end when I was packing up to move. I see ebay in my future.

I did pick up all of the vinyl reproductions of his creatures though. I only wish they'd continued that series and made more. I'd love to have a big Rhedosaurus from "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms."

Michael Jones said...

I picked up a double feature of Them & The Beast and I got a figure of a giant ant. I, too, would prefer a Rhedosaurus.
btw, I also picked up The Black Scorpion and didn't realize until afterwards that it was Willis O'Brien and not Ray...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails