2023-10-08

DracuLee.

Today, I watched 6 Hammer Horror Dracula movies all featuring Christopher Lee in the eponymous role. Starting, naturally, with Dracula from 1958. I found a Japanese cover to it.


As well as the finale of the revised Blu-Ray and the Japanese version side by side. (It's the finale so DUH>Spoiler Alert.)
 

Next up is Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966). 



Now here's a T-Shirt I'd like to own. Dracula Has Risen From the Grave (1968).



Unfortunately, the Twitch feed I watched didn't carry the next Lee-Drac, Taste the Blood of Dracula. I think it'd taste salty. But it did show the next one, Scars of Dracula.



The old bloodsucker makes his way to modern day (modern in its day) in Dracula A.D. 1972. This is one of the lowest rated of this series though I found it to be groovy. 


Skip the first 20 seconds of this trailer...


Finally, I also watched The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973). Not as good as the others, but keep an eye out for Freddie Jones and a young Joanna Lumley in the cast. It also encouraged me to research the Hawthorne plant and its roots.



Whew, that's a lot of vamping for one day.

Dang it, why won't you upload the original of this Yokai? It only gives me the translation.



Okay, it's the Shunobon, Scarlet Tray Priest. Click the link and you'll find that he's a giant nasty ogre who likes to bop you on the head mess with your head.

Here's some Venomous Captain America for ya.


 

And that's about it for me. Stay tuned tomorrow, it's Thanksgiving!

(In the meantime, surely you can find something at i-mockery to keep you busy.

2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Quite a day. Love these films, but I have a special love for Dracula: Prince of Darkness. Something comforting about it.

Michael Jones said...

Next time I watch these, I'll break up the viewings. 6 in a day is a bit overwhelming.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails