2023-10-29

Son of a Pitch!

This morning, we had a Halloween party for 70 kids. Our fearless leader, dressed up in some sports gear and asked, "Do you know who I am?" I responded, "A pitchman." then I further elaborated with Son of a Pitch." I guess I'm close enough, he's some famous rugby player playing for Japan, Michael Leech. What a sucker! Kudos to the man, he's having a THIRTIETH Anniversary party on Thursday for his string of Day Cares and Cram Schools!

The backbone of the organization, I suppose you could call her the school's Mummy, showed her true colours with her gauzed guise.

Mario also keeps things running smoothly.

Keeping the wheels turning as well is none other than WALL-E

The brawn of the organization is supported by two Creatures of the night. One is a Wolfman (Full Moon tonight!!) who created the games and craft in which the kids participated. 

The other a Billionaire philanthropist with a penchant for Chiroptera

 

(Here he is as a lad.)

Not sure what I'm doing with such a prestigious bunch, I suppose they keep me around for comic relief.


I didn't bother taking any photos of the kiddies. Picture 6 or 7 Elsas and only ONE Anna, several pumpkins, witches, two pairs of black cats and white cats, a half dozen different Pokémon characters, a few unicorns, a handful of characters that I'd never heard of, and one fairly impressive ninja gal. Only a couple of parents bothered to wear a costume, this bedraggled Dale was a highlight.

I was impressed by their rotting pumpkins.

After the party, I hooked up with a friend in Rifu and spent whatever cash I'd earned that day. (Not good at saving, natch.) I did score a Blu-Ray of An American Werewolf in London. Surprisingly, apart from this, I've never reviewed this movie. I'll watch it tomorrow, it's a full moon tonight, I don't want to take any chances.

When at Rifu, I convinced an Information clerk to snap my photo at the nearby stand. What a poser.



This monster crane is huge and though it had a few giant dinosaurs and sharks that I wouldn't mind owning, I didn't take the 500 yen risk at trying for one.

I had a couple of Misdo Halloween concoctions. Not bad.


Today's Yokai is the Hidaru-Gami, the Hunger Gods!


Here's a pretty good explanation about them. If you're going for a walk in the forest and are suddenly overcome with severe hunger pangs, these Gods may be the cause of it.


As for a Venom today, I am once again running out of choice entries from my collection. This is about the best I can do for now. If you look closely at this backpack, you can find a few Carnages and a Venom. I really need to up my game for tomorrow.


I have a day off tomorrow, which I'll probably spend watching a dozen Japanese horror movies. They're on right now, I'll probably watch Exte (Hair Extensions) before I go to bed, then get up early and watch several more.



Only two days (SOB!) left to check out the other entries at the Countdown to Halloween. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails