2023-10-31

Tsum of All Fears.

I spent all day yesterday tidying and watching movies and then when it came time to blog, I was too tired. So I'll make this quick, I have to go to work soon and throw a party for my students. I'm also going to show off some Tsum Tsum Marvel characters between movies. (Why will become apparent later.) Starting with

Large:

First up was Exte (Extensions), a hairy movie from 2007. I saw this in the theatre back then and didn't know what was going on. Now that I have English subs, I'm still not sure.


This is from where I'm choosing my movies.


Medium


Before I nodded off to sleep on Sunday, I watched The Snake Girl and the Silver-Haired Witch. Weird but fun and great makeup on the Snake Girl.


Small:


I awoke to the tail end of Audition (1999) and it wasn't pleasant.


I mixed up the order a bit, here's Medium-Large:


Ju-on, the Grudge was the first Japanese movie to give me a nightmare after a viewing in the wee hours years ago. I've since seen it a few times with subtitles, that makes it no less creepy.


Some individual Tsum Tsum with a prop. I'll leave it up to you to guess who is whom.


I missed Hiruko the Goblin in last year's marathon; some good effects, some less than so. Overall pretty good.



I didn't pay much attention to Gakidama, the Demon Within, it wasn't very good so I didn't pay much attention to it. Cronenberg would like it though. Check this out for details. Apparently there's an American remake which is why I can't find a trailer with a cursory search.

High School Ghostbusters (1995) is also a Cronenberg tribute/parody and it was a lot of fun. You can find the whole thing online if you search hard enough.




Evil Dead Trap (1988) was okay if you like the slasher genre (I don't overall).



I caught a few minutes of Lizard Baby, but I saw it recently so I didn't watch it all. I did re-watch As the Gods Will, I enjoyed it in the cinema. It makes a little bit more sense with subtitles.


And then I went to bed. And now to Tsum up why I showed these pictures:


Taadaa!


I have to get going, before I do, here's a quick Yokai.


Not a great translation for Kawa-otoko, Cute man. More apt is River Dude.



I gotta go! Happy Halloween y'all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails