2023-10-04

Bloodthirsty Trilogy.

I spent a good portion of today watching three different (or not so different) Japanese Vampire movies from the 70s collectively known as The Bloodthirsty Trilogy.

I started with The Vampire Doll (幽霊屋敷の恐怖 血を吸う人形Chi o suu ningyo = The Bloodthirsty Doll) from 1970. It was fun, a little creepy and I thought it would be my fave. (It wasn't.) The mom was truly eerie.

 


Next up is Lake of Dracula (呪いの館 血を吸う眼Noroi no yakata - Chi o suu me = Cursed Mansion: Bloodthirsty Eyes, 1971. Okay, this was my favourite. This one has sibling rivalry, a dog or two, Vamps, hypnosis, craziness and more.




Finally we have Evil of Dracula 血を吸う🌹 Chi o Suu Bara = The Bloodthirsty Rose, 1974, a fun little bloodsucking romp that takes place at a University for gals.



(Hopefully I haven't mixed up any of the above posters or videos, 'twas a tad confusing when scamming from the net.)

No vampiric Yokai in my book so I'll take this boat ghost instead. (One of the above movies had a lake.)






Maybe one of these Sanrio characters is bloodthirsty.

As for Venom, here he is hanging out in the back seat of my car with a few friends. I should probably put seatbelts on them.


I have some non-Halloween related television to view (Bye-bye Ahsoka) so I'll leave you with another Countdown blogger, Cinema-Crazed I'm not sure if they'll get around to the above trilogy but I do see that they have a contest if you're an Instagrammer

Darn: the titles I copied from Wiki have made my entries wonky. Oh well, not going to worry about it now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails