2023-10-14

Frigging Heck!

I had fully planned on posting yesterday, which was Friday the 13th in Japan, but I called away on business late last night. (What that business was, I'll divulge another time.) I have recently learned that triskaidekaphobia (fear of 13) has been lengthened to friggatriskaidekaphobia fear of Friday the 13th!)

I'd be afraid of this movie too!

(My friend Alex is posting old VHS covers from the 80s daily since September. This came up yesterday for some reason.) Kevin Bacon is in this movie. My Bacon Number is 2. Bacon was directed by John Landis in Animal House, I was directed by Landis in Blues Brothers 2000. MMM, Bacon!

So what (who) the frig is Frigg? She is none other than the wife of Odin, mom to Balder and the Goddess of Marriage in ye olde Norse mythology. Being associated with Venus, we also happen to scam the day of Friday from her name. Frigga is also the step-mother of Thor and the adoptive mom of Loki. I just happen to have a figure of Thor and Loki standing by for occasions such as this.


 

Furthermore, Season 2 of Loki has just begun, finally Loki is using some actual magic in the 2nd episode. And...I just happen to have a Pamphlet of Season 1 hanging around. So here are a few pictures from it.





Some concept art...




Merchandise!


So happy Friday the 13th everyone! (Two minutes to midnight, I don't think I'm going to make it.)


4 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Cool stuff. Didn't know about the name of a fear of F13 - but that movie is a favorite, a comfort movie of mine. As for Loki season two, haven't jumped in yet!

Michael Jones said...

Kids in Japan refer to it as Jason Day!

Caffeinated Joe said...

I had no clue it was such a big deal there!

Michael Jones said...

It's not really. Only MY students are familiar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails