2023-10-08

Yoyoyosakoi!

I had a busy day yesterday accounting for such a late Countdown entry. I had to work until 6:00 and afterwards, I popped into a game center for a few rounds of Pinball.


The flippers were somewhat wonky and at one point the ball even got stuck inside a flipper.
Still, not a bad score.

I trekked along the downtown arcade, and eyeballed a few UFO Catcher prizes. Didn't bother trying though. They didn't appear too easy.

 

Wow, Gloomy! I haven't seen this bear in quite a while. There were at least 6 different machines offering up these mushrooms. Not sure why they're so appealing.

Seeking a meal, I considered one of these. (Spoiler Alert: I didn't indulge.)

 

Hark! I hear music...Ah, a gaggle of a cappella warblers!

Much to my surprise, I came across a couple of stages of Yosakoi dancers!







I did finally find a meal. (Kebab and meat on a stick.)



Here for your entertainment, is the finale of the Dance performed by the Hokkaido troupe.


I popped into a friend's bar and had a nightcap or three.


When I got home, it took forever to upload my photos, so I just went to bed. Here though is my daily dosage of Yokai, this time Tsuchigumo (Dirt Spider), a giant yokai with the face and body of a tiger and long spider legs. He likes to consume passersby who get trapped in his web.







That last spider-pic is of an arachnid hanging around my workplace and freaking out the gals.

A quick blast of Venom


For Your Best Halloween Ever, try that link. I'm now in the middle of a Hammer Horror Dracula marathon. After that, I hope to provide another Countdown entry.

2 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

I think I am going to regard Tsuchigumo as a ‘Spiger’ demon….

Michael Jones said...

That's far better than "Tider".

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails