2023-10-12

Kabochachacha!

I broke out the carving knives and stabbed away at a kabocha (Japanese pumpkin/ gourd). Incredibly tough to break through its mottled skin, I managed to make an acceptable grinning derpy Jack o' Lantern.

This is what I started with. 



I sliced it open without slicing a finger which is always a plus.



Lit up, it has an effectively eerie smile.

Since I have as yet been unable to figure out how to share a YouTube short, hopefully you can access it here

Here are a few non-traditional Jacks over the years. A sweet potato. (Video here I hope.)

 

A turnip, just like the Irish used to use.



A Mushroom! This one didn't work very well.


A Spamkin!





And probably my most ambitious pumpkin ever.



So on to Yokai business. Here is the last of Chapter 1, a guide on how to overcome a Yokai.


You should probably avoid this guy, he is the God of Poverty and is apt to make you poor. (So that's what happened to me!)

The forthcoming chapter should be fun...Curses!


I can't get my Google translate to upload at the moment, so basically what it says above is:
"Slow and Curse! Yokai that attack humans use mysterious powers. They can make humans sick, manipulate the weather and nature to cause major disasters." Nasty!

Let's move on to a Venom, this was given away when you bought an advanced ticket to the first movie. Not really sure what it can be used for except for being creepy.


I think I'll watch the new Pet Sematary (Bloodlines?) movie before bed. **

Fellow BloggerAlexis has some new treats available and I noticed a couple of pumpkins over there as well.

**UPDATE: I didn't hate Pet Sematary. Not excellent but pretty good. Casting David Duchovny and Pam Grier helps.

2 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

Impressive pumpkin hacking skills!

Michael Jones said...

I am an impressive hack.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails