2008-08-30

As Captain America Throws His Mighty Shield...


When I spoke last of the Captain, it was to mourn his passing in the comics. This time however, I'll take the opportunity to showcase some of Jack Kirby's terrific artwork on his greatest creation.









So without further ado, here some scans of his Kobunsha book. I've included the cover and the first few pages in colour. After 16 pages, it turns into a cool purple-tone so I stopped the story and added in the splash pages from issues 101-109 that Jack drew.



























































































Though few of them are actually done by Jack, you may enjoy my previous post on Propaganda Cap-covers. I've got a few more of these Kobunsha books, so we'll see more of them in the future...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails