Imagine it's May 1977 and you're going to see some "Uproariously Lusty Entertainment" à la Slap Shot and there's a sneak preview as well for a new movie called Alaska.
Or were you one of the lucky few invited to a Private Screening at the MGM Studio Screening Room?
Well then, how would you fill out the following アンケート? (anke-to=questionnaire-click it to em-Biggs-en it or print your own copy.)
Here's how I would have responded back in 1977:
1. Male; High School Student
3. 2X per month
4. King Kong (1933)/ Jaws
5. Annie Hall; THX 1138; King Kong (maybe referring to 1976 version); Silver Streak; American Graffiti; Airport 77; The Pink Panther Strikes Again; Rocky (Aside: my High School nickname...of course I'd seen it. During the "running up the Steps scene", I jumped up and did the same, much to the amusement of my friends and bemusement of other cinema goers.)
7. Highly recommended
8. Darth Vader; Han Solo; Ben Kenobi; Princess Leia Organa; Governor Moff Tarkin; Luke Skywalker
9. Chewbacca the Wookie; Artoo-Detoo; See Threepio
10. Greedo; Jawas; Biggs & Porkins; Cantina musicians; Stormtroopers
11. Darth Vader
12. Darth Vader - Ben Kenobi light saber fight
13. See all the other scenes in #12 plus...Holographic Chess Game; any scene with Han & Chewbacca; Darth Vader strangling Moff Tarkin with the Force.
14. Luke was a whiner at the beginning of the movie.
15. As my friend pointed out, "When telling Obi-Wan and Luke how fast the Millennium Falcon is, Han says it "made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs." A parsec is not a measure of time. It is a measure of distance (approximately 3.26 light years or just over 19 trillion miles.)" I told him, it was just Han talking bravado. This is the official explanation: "However, he was actually referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance."
16. Han Solo and Chewbacca
17. Television; Newspapers
18. Other comments: Even though it was opening day, there were NO lineups and my friend and I sat through it twice!
How would YOU answer?