2010-05-15

Introducing Kingyodora!


I spent all day at a Bridge Tournament, my partner was a University student who went strictly by the book, a technique I'm unfamiliar with! Needless to say, we didn't rank too high. This evening, I was invited to a Mafu-Mafu party also known as a "Meet the Gaijin" gig. I came late, but managed to chat up a couple of younguns in my quest to wrangle some private students. One of the organizers was holding a goldfish in a baggie that was given to him and since he didn't really want it, I took it off his hands.

So, goldfish is 金魚 (kingyo) and King Ghidorah is キングギドラ so put them together and you get 金魚ドラ (Kingyodora)!
He managed to make it home in one piece with about an inch of water left in his little plastic bag. If he survives the night, I may just have a new companion (or at the very least, a snack!)







One of my all-time favourite Star Wars characters had to be Admiral Ackbar! I wish he were used more in the 2 trilogies (sexology?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails