2011-09-16

Toddling Along.

We're all familiar with スウィーニー・トッド, フリート街の悪魔の理髪師 (Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street), aren't we? There is of course the Tim Burton extravaganza...



This 1982 filming of the stage play looks intriguing. Stars Murderer She Wrote star Angela Lansbury. I'll have to check it out in its entirety some day.



In 1936, Todd Slaughter (an appropriate name if I'd ever heard one) directed a non-musical version that I'd never seen but now we can all watch it here: ST: TDBoFS.


Most recently, I saw the Curtain Call Players' version on stage in Toronto when I was home in April. I had just arrived from my earthquake stricken adopted homeland and was fortunate enough to land tickets to see my former Curtain Call cronies, Karen & Paul who did the lighting. I'm surprised that I hadn't reported on it earlier (it was a fairly hectic month back then) and, alas, I can't find any of my photos from it.



Why the sudden interest in the deadly barber, you may ask? Well, I've acquired another follower! (It's nice that they come so infrequently so it gives me a chance to write about them.)

A warm MTYW welcome to...Kweeny Todd! Check out her blog, it has far more bells & whistles (but don't forget about mine, please.)

1 comment:

Kweeny Todd said...

You rock! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails