2009-11-20

I'm A Matcha Man!


We've seen the matcha-flavoured KitKats before, but never have we witnessed the こだわり strain of green tea from the city of 宇治市 in Kyoto prefecture. Uji is better known as the setting for the last 10 chapters of the world's first novel, 源氏物語 (The Tale of Genji.)



The following pictures are proof of my matcha-hood. My brother, his wife, sister-in-law and 2 other friends of theirs and myself went Whitewater Rafting along the Ottawa River way back in 1983 and 84. We travelled with Wilderness Tours and if you click that link, you'll see that they now all wear helmets. None of that wussy stuff for us back in the 80's! When I was tossed into the brink and flailed wildly through the rapids, my life flashed before me...I almost died from boredom!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails