2010-08-02

Crafty Devil!

After my little fishing expedition, we went fishing for crafts in the Akiu Craft Village and though I didn't have my sights set on anything in particular, I did pick up a few items. Here are some of the highlights.


Creepiest tanuki face ever! But this is creepier...



A drifter.


and his pet.

Tons of Kokeshi including a paint-your-own opportunity (that I didn't do this time but may in the future.)


I picked up this one for my mom.




This is the public restroom guarded by a pair of Kreepy Kappa. To learn more about Kappa click that to go to the Obakemono project. You will learn that Kappa and toilets have an eerie connection!




2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Very cool post! Wow....but that red riding hood video was....ah...distrubing. Did I see what I thought I saw? I cannot watch it again....it is too scary :D

Thanks for sharing. Hope your mom loves her gift.

Cheers!

Michael Jones said...

The size of the tanuki's naughty bits is encrusted deep in the Japanese mythos. See: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ek20080715wh.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails