2006-08-08

I'm Not Dead Yet!




Phil rounded up a Plethora of Pythonites to go see the Tony Award-winning Broadway show of SPAMALOT. Of course, we didn't go to Broadway, but it was the next best thing. Phil, Dawn, another couple, Johnathon (an uber-Python nerd, worse than me!) & I ate a quick, delicious meal and then entered the Canon to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Musical.

Our tickets were 60 bucks a pop and we were high up in the upper intestine of the theatre, second row from the back. But it was worth the eyestrain (I wisely took some binoculars, heh, heh.) For a true Python aficionado such as myself, it was a dream come true to combine my love of the theatre with the absurdity of the Python-gang. The old songs were hummable and the new ones really took the piss out of Broadway hit-tunes. "The song that goes like this" was terrific and there's one about Jews that must have made Mel Gibson squeal with joy.

I didn't particularly like the actress who portrayed the "Lady of the Lake", but I didn't like her character much either. But that's a minor quibble for one of the best nights out I've had in years.

Here's "Find Your Grail" that I think was performed on the Tony's.



Here's a site to get tickets, but shop around, you may find them cheaper.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails