2011-08-30

Trailer Trash!

When I was in the theatre last night, I noticed that there was a distinct lack of posters for Green Lantern, a movie that had several only a month before. Wha' Happened? Was it postponed? Released, then withered away at the box office and was removed? I may never know.

Here are some movies that I don't want to slip away.
カウボーイ^エイリアン which is Cowboy and Alien (I'm fairly certain there is more than one Cowboy and more than one Alien but they aren't big on plurals in Japan.) Release date: 10月22日.




Case in point: スマーフ. I'm pretty sure there is more than one Smurf in this movie. Release date: 9月9日.



猿の惑星:創世記 or Rise of the Planet of the Apes! I definitely don't want to miss this one! Though the Burton version wasn't well received, it did have very cool merchandising. I can only hope this movie gets similar treatment. Release date: 10月7日.




Any movie with creepy kids and blood soaked stuffed bunnies gets my vote, which is why I'll hopefully see ラビットホラー Rabbit Horror! Release date: 9月17日.



Speaking of bunnies, I was intrigued to find that the Easter bomb, Hop has made it here entitled, "イースターラビットのキャンディ工場" (Easter Rabbit & Candyland?), in theatres now. (Also at the cinema is Harry Potter 17 & Cars II if you're interested.)




It doesn't come out until next January but I rather liked the "Magic Treehouse" books. I read one with a student last year and we enjoyed it. It appears to have been anime-ted.




This looks intriguing as well, Friends. I wonder if they can get Monica, Rachel & Phoebe to do voices? Due Date: 12月17日.




Finally, I was definitely intrigued by this poster for 怪物くん (Kaibutsu-kun) as a live action movie, until I saw the trailer that is. It looks kind of dopey, but you be the judge. Granted, Dracula looks spot-on but the make-up on the Franken is not gruesome enough for my taste. You'd think it'd be a natural for Halloween but it won't be released until mid-November. Btw, I featured him for a "Countdown to Halloween" two years ago. I hope he can make a return appearance this year.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails