2017-10-30

Fishnets.

Last night was our annual shindig at Ernie's Bar. At times it wasn't hip, more like hip replacement. I grabbed a quick drink at Dragon's Diner beforehand and had these pics of my costume taken.


As should be quite obvious, I'm a drift net (流し網 nagashiami), hooking all manner of sea life in my thrall. (Note most of the sea creatures appear to be the same size. They are not to scale.)


Before I get to the lowdown on the party, here are a couple of shots of passersby that I passed by on the way there.


These two were hucksters for an establishment of questionable legitimacy.


There were a few other Minions but they were too fast for me.



These three mashed up various Disneyverse characters.



Ha! I found Wally or Waldo or Wilbo (or whatever he's called over here.)


Now onto Ernie's Event. The best part of the gig is the inimitable DJ Mokugohan, this time dressed as some hipster Road Warrior type.


This is one of his tunes plus a typical conversation between us.








Closeup on my earrings.


Could this be the same Spider-man from an earlier photo?
Spoiler Alert: Yes.



ふなっしー Funasshī, the mascot of Funabashi City.


A sneak peek behind the scenes at the making of a mascot.




My annual jibe. While Alex goes pee, the DJ is me!



This was a birthday girl. Fortunately I always have an emergency present available.




The following pictures are scammed from recent prison escapee, Ernie. Thanks for a great party!




Not a bad catch...



Unfortunately the hour was growing late, I had an early morning looming, and I suffered from an extreme wardrobe malfunction (my belt had broken and the lower part of my drift net was dragging my jeans towards Davey Jones' Locker. I spent the next few minutes holding my pants up and after my cab ride, my trousers fell around my ankles while I tried opening the door.

After an all day Kids party today and a long nap upon returning home, fatigue has taken its toll and it's time for me to retire. Details on that party tomorrow plus a return to the Pamphlets...

2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Great costume, great pics! Looks like a fun time, one could say it went swimmingly. Until the end, that is. 🐟

Michael Jones said...

Congrats, Caf Joe. You managed to make a fishy pun that I'd never heard before.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails